We are moving!
The municipal office is moving temporarily as of October 3, 2023.
During the renovations, front-desk services such as bill payments and general inquiries will be offered at the Komoka Wellness Centre, 1 Tunks Lane, Komoka, from 8:30 am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
Please note that there will be no front desk services available on October 2, 2023, in recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
For all other services we ask that you call or email to arrange an appointment.
Municipal Office Renovation - Your Questions
- What’s happening at the Middlesex Centre municipal office?
We are renovating to meet the needs of our growing municipality. The current municipal office and council chambers, built close to 40 years ago and last renovated in 2003, no longer meet our operational needs.
This project will see the municipal office renovated and enlarged to create new office spaces for the building, engineering and planning departments, and a new, larger council chambers. The renovated building will incorporate today’s building standards for accessibility and sustainability. By renovating the current building, the municipal office will remain centrally located within Middlesex Centre.
- Timeline: Construction is expected to begin in October 2023, and take 12 to 18 months.
- Budget: The total project budget as approved by council is $5.7 million. As renovation costs will be covered by existing reserve funds, the project will have little to no impact on the tax levy.
We are excited about this renovation, which represents a significant long-term investment in the municipal office and will meet the needs of our community today and into the future.
You can find more on the project webpage.
- What about the Coldstream Community Centre, the Fire Station, and the Library?
The Coldstream Community Centre will be closed during the renovation and will re-open for booking once construction is complete.
The Coldstream Fire Hall and Coldstream Library, located on the same property, will remain open during the renovation.
- Where can I find the municipal front desk during the renovation?
Municipal front desk services will move to the Komoka Wellness Centre at 1 Tunks Lane, Komoka, as of October 3, 2023. Services will be offered from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
There will be no front desk services available on October 2, 2023, in recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
Please call or email ahead to make an appointment if you wish to speak to a specific staff member or department in person.
- Why do I need to make an appointment to speak to staff in person for questions about planning, roads, building, etc., during the renovation period?
Middlesex Centre staff will be relocated to facilities across the municipality for the duration of the renovations at the main office. Making an appointment will save you time driving to the Komoka Wellness Centre only to find the staff member you wish to speak with is not working at that location.
- How can I pay my water (utility), property tax, or other municipal bill?
During the renovation, you can pay in-person at the Komoka Wellness Centre on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
In-person payments can be made by cash, cheque or debit. A secure drop-box is available at the Komoka Wellness Centre, located outside of the main doors by the lobby (library drop-box). Please do not put cash payments in the drop-box.
Middlesex Centre offers a number of other options for paying bills, including:
- By Pre-Authorized Payment (PAP) Plan - Set up automatic withdrawals from your financial institution
- By internet or telephone banking at your financial institution
- At your bank or financial institution
- By mail - Please continue to use our Coldstream address, as our mail is being forwarded: Municipality of Middlesex Centre, 10227 Ilderton Rd, Ilderton, ON, N0M 2A0
- Online with your credit card through the Paymentus system (service fees apply)
In all cases, please allow adequate time for your payment to be processed by your bank or delivered by Canada Post.
For more information, please see our Billing & Payments page.
- Where can I find more information or get project updates?
For information on the renovation project, please visit the project webpage. We will also be posting updates on our social media channels, e-newsletter, and through print media.
This page was first posted September 7, 2023.