The next municipal election will be held Monday, October 24, 2022.
The previous municipal election was held on October 22, 2018 and under the Municipal Elections Act, the four-year term of office for the current council and school board trustees began December 1, 2018, and ends November 14, 2022.
- Confirming your Information on the Voter's List
If you are a resident, owner or tenant of property in Ontario, a Canadian citizen, and 18 years of age you can vote in Ontario’s municipal and school board elections.
By logging into voterlookup.ca, eligible electors can:
- confirm or update their electoral information,
- add an elector name to an address, and
- change school support.
The Voter Look up site is owned and managed by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC), responsible for identifying all potential municipal, school board and District Social Services Administration Board electors.
- Voting Method for 2022
Municipality of Middlesex Centre Council approved the use of telephone and electronic voting for 2022, the same format as used by Middlesex Centre in 2018.
More information on how to vote will be provided closer to the election.
- Important Dates for the 2022 Election
Nomination Period for Candidates:
- May 2, 2022 to August 18, 2022 (8:30am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri, excl. holidays); and
- Nomination Day: Friday, August 19, 2022 (9:00am to 2:00pm)
Third Party Advertising Registration Period:
- May 2, 2022 to October 21, 2022 (8:30am to 4:30pm)
"Lame Duck" Period (If Applicable):
Related to the Municipal Election - Section 275 of the Municipal Act, 2001 states that if less than 75% of incumbent councillors seek re-election, the Council for a municipality is restricted from passing any by-law that allocates spending of more than $50,000.00 or creates a liability for the municipality greater than $50,000. This is known as a "lame duck" council.
- August 19, 2022 at 2pm to November 14, 2022 at 11:59pm
Preliminary List of Electors Released to the Public:
- September 1, 2022
Voting Period for Electors:
- Monday, October 17, 2022 at 9:00am to Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8:00pm
Term of New Council:
- November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026
Ending of Campaigns:
- Last date for any candidate and third party campaigning: January 3, 2023
- Candidate and Third Party Financial Reporting Deadline: March 31, 2023 at 2:00pm
- Late Candidate and Third Party Financial Reporting (subject to $500 late filing fee): May 1, 2023 at 2:00pm
Check back for updates as the election approaches.