Information on COVID-19


After more than two years, the Municipality of Middlesex Centre terminated its local State of Emergency for COVID-19 at a meeting of municipality’s emergency control group on June 2, 2022. The State of Emergency had been in place since March 17, 2020.

We continue to following the direction of the Province and our local health unit with respect to our operations, keeping safety at the forefront. The health and well being of our community is our primary concern.


Municipal Services Updates

At this time Middlesex Centre municipal services and facilities are operating normally.

We continue to take steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 where possible. 

  • Masks are no longer required to be worn in municipal facilities, in keeping with the direction from the Province of Ontario. We will respect those that choose to continue to wear a make or face covering in our facilities, and encourage others to do the same.
  • Proof of vaccination and pre-visit COVID-19 screening forms are no longer required for entry at Ilderton Arena, the Komoka Wellness Centre, and local community centres. Note that organizations renting municipal facilities may choose to require proof of vaccination. Please check with your host organization for their direction. 
  • We encourage anyone that is feeling unwell to stay home, and not attend meetings or events at municipal facilities.
  • We encourage residents and business to arrange for in-person meetings in advance, particularly if you wish to speak with building or planning staff, or are requiring the services of the Clerk. Please see our staff directory for contact information.

As the situation changes updates will be provided on this page and on social media.


COVID-19 Waste

Bluewater Recycling Association is asking for your help to keep their employee's safe by following these guidelines:

  • Put masks and gloves in a bag and then into your waste bin. They should not be put in the recycling.
  • If you’re sick: place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into the garbage – even items that you normally place into your recycling bin (eg. water/beverage bottles, pop cans, etc.).
  • At-home rapid antigen screening test waste: double-bag all home health care waste (i.e., smaller grocery/shopping type bag within a larger bag) and place in your garbage for disposal.
Health Resources & Vaccine Information

Health information about COVID-19 and best practices to prevent the spread of the disease continue to evolve as medical professionals learn more about this disease. Below you'll find links to reliable health information sources.

Preventing the Spread of COVID-19

Covid-19 Self-assessment tool

Getting Tested for COVID-19  


Health Information Sources

Mental Health Resources


COVID-19 Vaccine Information

COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics In London & Middlesex County 

Support for People & Families

The following services are provided by community and government agencies. 

Social Services 

Ontario 211

For information on social services (mental health support, housing, senior care, etc.), please call or visit Ontario 211

Call: 2-1-1
Toll-free: 1-877-330-3213
TTY: 1-888-340-1001

Government & Other Financial Supports

Wondering which level of government is responsible for a specific service during this time? The following chart summarizes the key roles of the municipal, county, provincial and federal governments (pdf version).

Chart - Roles and Responsibilities during the COVID-19 Emergency; pdf version available.

Government of Canada Supports

Government of Ontario Supports

  • COVID-19 - Support for People (financial, mental health and other supports available during COVID-19)
  • COVID-19 Emergency Assistance (support for individuals and families in financial crisis to cover needs such as food, rent, medicine, transportation and other services during this public health crisis)

County of Middlesex Social Services

  • Social Services (provides a range of services to County residents to assist with financial, employment, housing, and child-care needs)
  • General information from the County of Middlesex regarding COVID-19
Food Banks

Please contact the food banks before visiting, as their hours of operation and pick-up processes are subject to change.

Can you help? Local food banks are in need of donations. Please visit their website or Facebook pages to see what they need most, and how you can safely make a donation at this time.

Jobs in Middlesex County
Support for Farms & Businesses

Resources for Farms & Businesses 


One of the biggest supports we can offer our local businesses is our business. Order take-out, buy a gift card for future use, or shop/use their services!

Concerns, Questions & Comments

Report a Concern:  If you are concerned about people or businesses not respecting the measures put in place under the federal, provincial and/or municipal states of emergency and wish to report a complaint, please do not call 911. The number to contact the OPP for non-urgent incidents is 1-888-310-1122, or you can report online.

General Comments: Do you have ideas, questions or comments about how Middlesex Centre is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic? Share your thoughts using our online feedback form or by contacting us by telephone or email.